wikliba.net Forum Index wikliba.net
When the world was a thread...
www.expedition.wikliba.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seattle 12
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    wikliba.net Forum Index -> Rooms 4 and 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Expedition Contributions

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Seattle 12 Reply with quote

Go to Room 4
oi

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: the colors of the day Reply with quote

Seattle 12, 14.

She has not slept that night. A white veil lies over the things when you have not slept, detaching you from the surrounding, leaving you vulnerable and shaky. The world moves slower and in silence, and if it does not, it hurts. She is taking the 6.35, it has been days since she called the family. The suburb is absorbed in an unnatural stillness. This time, it suits her mood. Much like a film setting, lined out so perfectly. The mother will be watching the homemaker channel again, working on the ultimate design for a mug or another cushion. Too quiet, too quiet, but she´ll take a rest for today.
She has been busy following her ambitions of having a real life. Which meant plainly she has been drinking sweet port for the first time with some funny young people she had met the previous evening while they were busking on a crowded tourist square and she was sitting with legs crossed in her new dress made of patches that matched perfectly to her newly chosen self-image of a Hippie Girl. Letting her long hair down fitted to the city upon the water, she thought. There would always be someone to tell her how beautiful the beads looked she had wrought into it. A little wind would always fetch some smell of the big water, or at least she made herself believe it did – because it had to be so. In the evening, when the temperature turned to agreeable instead of deafening hot, the colors around her deepened and brought the buildings closer. She was ready for any beautiful surprise, prepared to take every hint from the mighty something behind all and everything that would lead her to it.

After a minute he had taken her hand. They had just met. Walking slowly and that hand in hers was the most intense feeling she had ever experienced, a rush of warm, a little trembling, this hand inside hers, so strange and familiar at once. Even riding the bus they clung together like little fish in a swarm, feeling every turn of the other, afraid to let go of the hand even for a moment.

Small apartment, ground floor, the carped littered with music instruments of various shapes. Semi-darkness. Three figures. Nothing bad can happen when a blanket is covering you on the armchair. A mattress - “Lay down if you like”. –“No, I´m fine, I´m not sleepy. Thank you.” She will not fall asleep, for nothing bad can happen while a blanket is covering you on the armchair. When the morning comes she will take the train out of the big city.
Buggix

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Shapes rearranging (Seattle 12, 15, 16) Reply with quote

Seattle 12, 15, 16

The shapes started to rearrange again, each one shifting into an new position. Some of the shapes moved quicker than others. Tiny dark-blue spots quivered around gravity-centres while layers of white hovered through this seething, simmering bubble-bath. The current of glaring, gleaming grey carefully meandered in between, until it almost stopped to flow. The overall movement slowly started to decelerate, then came to an end. The shapes had found their places.

Right in front of me the beautiful skyline filled the scope of my vision now. The city was at rest. Only a gentle summer breeze tenderly shook the skyscrapers. Flowerlike, these were reaching out into the open blue sky, oriented towards the eternal fire of the sun that in return reached out towards the towers’ darling buds with its radiating beams.

The shapes of the sky and the city were reflected and distorted in the wide waters below. Here, the shapes had maintained a dynamic tension, foreshadowing the future re-acceleration of the cyclical process that was about to come. In the middle of it all was the horizon of the city’s skyline that now emerged as a thin line between two universes. Universes waiting to be traversed. The anchor-chain of the ship was rattling while being taken in. This and the sound of the splashing waves attracted the attention of my ears. Bits and pieces of sound entered my ears, only to be re-constructed into a new subjective entity unique in space and time.

Sliding through the waves I moved closer. The shapes of the city rearranged according to the laws of the central perspective. Somewhere out there was the vanishing point, a place miraculous and mysterious like the end of the rainbow. A place where no man had gone before, a place beyond imagination and never to be reached.

Leaving the realm of water, I entered the realm of urbanity. Overwhelming heights of what used to be spots only moments ago made me feel small. The speed at which I travelled further increased due to the laws of the city. Advancing through the sparkling chasms and gulches of this place, I finally arrived on a central plaza. My movement stopped. From here, my eyes followed the infinitely long lines of the streets that merged on the horizon into two impressive towers. One of them darting like a needle into the open space of the sky, the other one, a cathedral of steel and glass, mimicking the needle’s progress and trying to reach even further into the sky. Both of them were growing along invisible eternal lines. I was dragged into their motion and started to gain momentum. But, being attracted by both poles at once, I was quivering in between. So I decided to join the needle’s line of motion, elevating higher and higher to be finally gravitated into its pinnacle.

Inside, I was overwhelmed by what I saw. A beautiful, pastoral scenery had been constructed. Trees and bushes, lawns and meadows, separated only by a river. A mountain range held the pieces together. I took a deep breath and started to inhale the spirit of this place. Silence.

After a while I went on with my voyage, I followed the course of the river until I reached its spring up in the mountains. Being almost on top, I had to make up my mind about where to move next. Above were the towering rocks, beneath was the pastoral valley, and I decided to continue my spiral-like vertical movement further upwards.

From the top of the mountain I could now see the cathedral in the distance. Its attraction was still strong, while it was steadily growing into the sky. I moved on, the air rushing through my hair and making my skin flutter. Coming closer, I saw the lights coming through the colourful windows of the cathedral. Through the lofty heights I approached the top of the tower. I had a soft landing, as if settling on a cloud. The top’s ground was not as hard as expected, really smooth and pillowy. I was standing in front of an artfully wrought wooden gate. With the entrance instantly opening up, I entered the building.

When I treaded the chapel that had been constructed in the pinnacle of the tower, the doors closed with a sliding movement, just as they had opened only moments before. Then I heard some clicking and snapping. The room was locked. But that made no difference. Everything that could ever happen to me, everything that I could ever experience would occur in this locked room. There was no outside to this room. The outside was inside. The inside was outside. Silence. Only the sound of silence.

After a while, spherical sounds started to enter my perception, angel-like. Suddenly I realised that I had lost track of time. I found the top of the chapel to be opened up. I could feel that I was finally there. Bright, glaring, blazing. Sublime and elevated. I stepped outside. I was standing on the brink of the tower. Heavenly, paradise-like, the quest fulfilled. It was all so beautiful.

But in this very moment, as amazing, unbelievable and beyond every limit of human understanding as it was, it was all over again. Looking down towards the ground, I saw the shapes starting to rearrange again. Gentle winds were starting to circulate the tower again. My journey would go on. My voyage. My travel. And as long as I would breathe and my eyes would see, so long would these universes live, and this would, forever, give life to me.

I started to rearrange the shapes again. I moved my view from down below towards the horizon, towards the place where I had started and where I was still standing. One step forward, over the brink, into the open, towards myself.

Matthias Vergers, Mainz, 12.05.2006

Last edited by Buggix on Sun May 14, 2006 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexa

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: The Zipper Reply with quote

The Zipper

Seattle

Earth, Sea, Sky
The Blue surrounds the Brown.
But the Brown connects the Blues.

Seattle

What would happen if the Zipper vanishes in the Blue?
Will it fade or will it leave a mark?

Seattle

By day the different shadows of grey and brown create the connection.
By night the lights of the Zipper are drawing the line.

Seattle

Blue everywhere.
Top and bottom.
Left and right.
When will you come for a visit?
nikuadusk

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Brilliant blue Reply with quote

A brilliant blue sky
ever the same – always
indifferent

A brilliant blue ocean
ever changing – always
indifferent

A brilliant blue background
for human life to unfold
ever changing, ever the same

A brilliant blue mirror
reflecting the tragedies of humankind
ever crying, ever smiling

A brilliant blue kaleidoscope
forming new patterns in an instant
ever combining, ever dividing

A brilliant blue cosmos
emerging new worlds
ever destroying, ever creating
always indifferent.

by Stephanie
oi

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: no man´s land Reply with quote

(Seattle 12)

Take a look around,
Not a cloud to see,
Not a single bee,
Not a sound.

Waiting to be heard
Waiting to be hurt
Hope or Fear
As you learned to bleed
You will learn to feed
On despair

Choices have been made
Now it´s far too late
To give up
We will have our share
Of the precious glare
In a cup

Cut the line to home
If you want to roam
With the wolves
Fix it once again
If you are a man
Make the rules

Out on the sea
You are less than free
Home is rancid
Call me refugee
Better name´s to me
Man in transit

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breathe

Breathe me, drink me, suck me dry
I am your fountain of youth
The perpetual promise
Of a future in polychrome

- Stadtluft macht frei -

Feel my pulse, it is healthy
Slurp my blood, it is refined
Come into me, I am waiting
You are the missing link

- Arbeit macht frei -

So take the veil off your soul
And dive into my pharynx
Charon will guide you
All you need to do
Is breathe
Fernsprechteilnehmer

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I should log on before submitting stuff... so this was me, and since I can't edit the version I submitted as a a guest here's the final (or at least latest) version, once more in full length:

Breathe

Breathe me, drink me, suck me dry
I am your fountain of youth
The perpetual promise
Of a future in polychrome

- Arbeit macht frei -

Feel my pulse, it is healthy
Slurp my blood, it is refined
Come into me, I am waiting
For you at the neon lights

- Stadtluft macht frei -

So take the veil off your soul
And dive into my pharynx
Charon will guide you
All you need to do
is breathe

Last edited by Fernsprechteilnehmer on Mon May 22, 2006 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Clarion

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: The First Sentence Reply with quote

The First Sentence

This is not a good start. Well, maybe it’s a good start for a story, but it’s definitely not a good start for my new life in the big city. Or rather, My New Life, in capitals, to make it clear to everyone within earshot, or eyesight, that My Old Life Is Over.

But I’m missing the point, which is: A gull just shat on my head. This is a difficult thing to say for a German, you see. Not because we’re such restrained people who never swear, verdammt nochmal. It’s just that even though I know all the irregular verbs from Green Line 1 to Green Line 5, catch, caught, caught, freeze, froze, frozen, or every fifth grade’s favourite put, put, put, like calling for the hens in a farmyard, even though I know seemingly all the irregular verbs of the English language by heart then, no-one ever taught me the past tense of “to shit”.

This isn’t really surprising, I suppose, given the fact that you never learn any of the interesting facts at school, well, apart from sexual education maybe, which didn’t really keep what it promised but was quite helpful anyway. But still: Here I am on the very first day of My New Life and I have already stumbled magnificently over one of the hurdles on the way to every non- native speaker’s dream: No-One Can Tell I’m Not From Here. Oh, so your parents live in Frankfurt? Is your dad in the army? When did they move there?

But for now, this fucking gull has ruined my dream because it did a shit on my head. Did you notice? I avoided the nasty past. I’ll get there yet.
staffehl

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Image of the Sleeping Giant

In between the sky and the sea
Silent there slept a city.
Air and Ocean formed a frame
That embedded the dreaming queen.

Of two natural elements in indigo-blue
Was the urban giant’s bedroom.

But was she sleeping indeed?
She was queen and kingdom in one –
And still a monarch can rest all alone –
But never the nation he leads.

Although it appeared that the giant did rest
In silence of indigo-blue,
One has to assume
An image may baffle the best.

Truth can turn upside down
The truth-searchers eye
And so it was with the giant
Who not in silence there lay.
woody

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael John Wood

Hard work

„Hard starboard, Johnny! “, Adrian called out to his brother while hauling in the small sail of their dingy. The boat quickly turned, small waves splashing against the fragile hull.
Johnny and his older brother Adrian were heading for Seattle’s skyline. The air was warm and the sun forced them to wear odd looking camper hats. Johnny looked at his brother as he pushed the rudder to one side. There was no point in leaving the sail out. No wind was blowing, not even a slight breeze. Johnny had to grin. His brother had covered his entire face with so much sunscreen that his skin could impossibly ever absorb it all, leaving Adrian’s face as white as the paintwork of their dingy. The brothers had only just purchased the small boat a few weeks ago. They had fulfilled themselves a boyhood dream. As youths they had never had enough money to afford such luxury. Now they were in their mid thirties, both of them had families and a good income. The brothers had decided to indulge into a very early midlife crisis. Johnny tried to look up into the sky but was forced to close his eyes quickly. Even though he was wearing dark shades, the light of the sun was too bright. The sky was spotlessly clear. No clouds at all. He saw his brother struggling with the small sail. He stood up on wobbly feet and the boat started to rock in a dangerous fashion. Adrian almost lost his balance, and for one moment Johnny assumed that his brother would topple over the side of the boat into the lake. However, Adrian regained his balance quickly and directed a flood of friendly words at his brother. Johnny laughed, and between them managed to haul in the sail.
“No use in trying the oars. We landlubbers have left the reels lying in the back of the truck”, Adrian exclaimed after a short examination of the boat. “Either we paddle in Indian-canoe fashion or not at all”, he grinned while picking up a plastic paddle. Johnny was not happy with the situation at all. “Let’s use the motor. I mean, it DID cost a fortune.”
“You must be the laziest life form capable of standing erect on this planet”, his brother scowled with a smile, lowering the paddle.
“No, I am runner-up for third place. Your Misses and that nuisance you call your sun are in heavy competition between the two of them for first place”, Johnny replied. He loved teasing his younger brother. Adrian only laughed out loud. He was used to Johnny’s humour.
“Alright then, go and start the motor, nature’s best laugh ever you.” Johnny was fiddling with the motor and Adrian cast his glance towards Seattle. The skyscrapers were a magnificent sight. Like a ramp, Adrian thought to himself. The buildings seemed to get taller and taller the further his eyes turned to his right hand side. But Adrian could also make out the smog which hung heavy over the city like a gigantic bell on this perfect summer day. That is the price we pay for our conveniences. He shook his head. “Disgraceful”, he muttered to himself.
Behind him he could hear his brother start the Diesel engine.
Miriam Kuroszczyk

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Seattle 12 Reply with quote

Mr. Jones

His love was
endless like a lovely
day’s sky

Yet Louise was
troubled. She feared to become like
his kind, a common
Jones. - She was afraid
to lose. To let
chances fulfilling her
dreams
pass by.
Walk on, drift
away, disappear
through the golden hole
of their rings.
A circle
for life. No
eternal thing.
Unlike the fact of
being
-
ordinary.
Elizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Apple Reply with quote

Buy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel outdoor fireplace Buy Fireplace gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney Buy cheap FireplaceBuy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel outdoor fireplace Buy Adidas T Shirt gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney Buy cheap FireplaceBuy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel outdoor fireplace Buy Adidas T Shirt gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney Buy cheap FireplaceBuy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel outdoor fireplace Buy Adidas T Shirt gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney http://beltor.com/fireplace/index.htmlBuy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel outdoor fireplace Buy Adidas T Shirt gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney http://beltor.com/fireplace/index.html
Abigail

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: meeting Reply with quote

direct buy furniture furniture buy furniture buy direct direct buy furniture nc furniture buy direct buy furniture onlinee buy used furniture best buy furniture buy rite furnituredirect buy furniture store buy office furniture buy office furniture online united buy and sell furniture warehouse outdoor fireplace north carolina furniture buy direct buy computer furniture buy patio furniture Buy cheap Fireplacebuy furniture illinois in sell united buy and sell furniturebuy credit furniture online buy cheap furniture online sell and buy furniture buy furniture sell used buy cheap furniture fireplace chimney buy furniture now setbuy bedroom furniture buy living room furniture buy right furniture buy ashley furniture online outdoor fireplace Buy Adidas T Shirt gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney http://www.bloggen.be/buyfurniture/Buy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel buy office furniture online direct buy furniture buy used furniture direct buy furniture store best buy furniture http://www.bloggen.be/buyfurniture/direct buy furniture furniture buy fireplace direct buy furniture nc furniture buy direct buy furniture onlinee buy used furniture best buy furniture buy rite furnituredirect buy furniture store buy office furniture buy office furniture online united buy and sell furniture warehouse outdoor fireplace north carolina furniture buy direct buy computer furniture buy patio furniture Buy cheap Fireplacebuy furniture illinois in sell united buy and sell furniture fireplace buy cheap furniture online sell and buy furniture buy furniture sell used buy cheap furniture fireplace chimney buy furniture now setbuy bedroom furniture buy living room furniture buy right furniture buy ashley furniture online outdoor fireplace Buy Adidas T Shirt gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/Members/buyfurnitureBuy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel direct buy furniture buy used furniture direct buy furniture store best buy furniture http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/Members/buyfurnituredirect buy furniture furniture buy fireplace direct buy furniture nc furniture buy direct buy furniture onlinee buy used furniture best buy furniture buy rite furnituredirect buy furniture store buy office furniture buy office furniture online united buy and sell furniture warehouse outdoor fireplace north carolina furniture buy direct buy computer furniture buy patio furniture Buy cheap Fireplacebuy furniture illinois in sell united buy and sell furniture fireplace buy cheap furniture online sell and buy furniture buy furniture sell used buy cheap furniture fireplace chimney buy furniture now setbuy bedroom furniture buy living room furniture buy right furniture buy ashley furniture online outdoor fireplace Buy Adidas T Shirt gas fireplace TShirt fireplace chimney http://www.freewebs.com/buyfurniture/Buy cheap Fireplace Buy cheap fireplace fireplace fireplace mantel direct buy furniture buy used furniture direct buy furniture store best buy furniture http://www.freewebs.com/buyfurniture/
Richard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: not suggest Reply with quote

http://www.freewebs.com/buyusedcar/index.htm Buy Used cars|http://freeblognetwork.com/BuyUsedcars/ Buy Used Cars | http://freeblognetwork.com/BuyPhentermine/ buy Phentermine | http://blogshot.nl/index.php?u=buyusedcar Buy Used Car | http://beltor.com/buyphentermine/buy-phentermine.html Buy Phenatermine | http://beltor.com/buyphentermine/buy-375mg-phentermine.htm Buy 375mg Phenatermine | http://beltor.com/buyphentermine/Buy-Phentermine-Starting-at-15.htm Buy Phentermine Starting at 15 | http://beltor.com/buyphentermine/low-cost-phentermine.htm Low Cost Phentermine Starting | http://beltor.com/buyusedcars/buy-used-cars.html Buy Used Cars | http://beltor.com/buyusedcars/buy-used-car-cheap.htm Buy Used Car Cheap | http://beltor.com/buyusedcars/buy-used-car-by-owner.htm Buy Used Cars By Owner | http://www.freepages.at/buyphentermineonline Buy Phentermine Online | http://beltor.com/buyusedcars/buy-used-cars.html Buy Used Cars
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    wikliba.net Forum Index -> Rooms 4 and 5 All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: